Chrome Beta for Mac Now Available
Posted on December 8, 2009 by eli courey
Google Chrome beta for Mac is now available for download. Download it by clicking here.
The rumors were true, Google has released Chrome beta for Mac. It requires Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard, and is only compatible with Intel-based Macs. Chrome was released for Windows in September 2008. Like Safari, Chrome runs on a WebKit engine, which is said to aid in quickly and accurately rendering pages.
Here are a few fun facts from the Google Chrome for Mac team:
- 73,804 lines of Mac-specific code written
- 29 developer builds
- 1,177 Mac-specific bugs fixed
- 12 external committers and bug editors to the Google Chrome for Mac code base, 48 external code contributors
- 64 Mac Minis doing continuous builds and tests
- 8,760 cups of soft drinks and coffee consumed
- 4,380 frosted mini-wheats eaten