Meebo Finally Launches on iPhone with Support for Dozens of IM Networks
Posted on February 16, 2010 by eli courey
The long awaited Meebo IM app for iPhone and iPod touch is finally available in the App Store. The app is free and very cool.
Meebo has been the leading platform for multi-protocol IM on the web since 2005. They have now brought their knowledge and experience to the iPhone with an app that gives you speed, simplicity and great performance.
Meebo supports all the major IM networks:
AOL / AIM, Yahoo!, MSN / Windows Live, Gmail / Google Talk, Facebook, MySpace, and 100+ other networks!
Reliability / Connectivity
– Push notifications even when the app is closed
– Stay connected as you move from Edge to 3G to WiFi
– Meebo’s proven multi-network access protocols
– Automatically reconnect if you lose coverage so you don’t miss a message
Access / Integration
– Searchable, synchronized chat history on your iPhone and meebo.com
– Get Meebo on the web, your desktop, or your iPhone
– Tap any links to open the built-in browser
– Advanced chat session management lets you go seamlessly back and forth between Meebo on the iPhone and meebo.com
– Swipe to switch between multiple conversations
– Rotate for landscape mode and a wider keyboard.
– Message preview from the Chats List
– Full Meebo emoticon support
– Push notifications
– Searchable Chat History
– Sort chats by most recent or full view
– Support for all the major IM networks, and many more
– Buddylist search as you type
– View profile info, status messages, and buddy icons
– Add/Remove individual buddies
– Add/Remove network accounts
– Open and close buddy groups in your Buddy List
– Set custom status messages
– Sign on/off individual accounts
– Set presence to Available/Invisible/Away for individual accounts, or all at once