Line2: Dual Mode Cell/VoIP App for iPhone & iPod Touch
Posted on March 18, 2010 by eli courey
Line2 is a VoIP app that gives you a second number to make and receive calls over 3G or WiFi. If you don’t have 3G or WiFi available, there is also a call back feature that lets you use your Line2 number over cellular networks. One of the coolest features of Line2 is that you can receive calls whether the app is running or not.
I’m not sure why an app like this is allowed in Apple’s App Store, but any Google Voice app is banned.
Line2 offers a 30 day free trial. Check it out in the App Store.
No Cell Reception at Home or Work? Cell bills too high? Line2 adds a second number to your iPhone that works over 3G, WiFi or Cellular networks.
Make and receive calls no matter where you are – using VoIP when you can, and cellular when necessary – all from the same number.
Your phone will automatically detect the cheapest way to make a call – you don’t have to think about it. Ideal if you have poor cell reception at your home or office or just want to reduce your cell bill.
Designed for professionals who can’t afford to miss a call. Line2 combines the best elements of Skype and Google Voice, but adds business grade features, reliability, and live customer support.
Try it free for 30 days, then pay just $14.95/month for unlimited US/Canada calling and ultra-low cost international calling from your iPhone.
- The first and only Dual-Mode (VoIP/Cellular) Calling App for the iPhone for both inbound and outbound calling in both modes using one number.
- The first and only VoIP app on iPhone that will *not* drop your voip call if you get a cell call on your regular iPhone line. Just dismiss the new call to send it to voicemail and Line2 will restore and you’ll still be connected.
- The first and only VoIP app with advanced call handling features like call waiting, call hold, call transfer, and call conferencing for up to 20 people, all on your iPhone using VoIP.
- Live call switching between 3G and WiFi. If you are on a Line2 3G VoIP call and walk into your house, your phone will automatically switch the call to WiFi without dropping the call. (V2.1)
- Integrates with an online control panel at toktumi.com where you can enable features like caller-specific forwarding rules, caller blocking, call screening with caller announce, auto attendant (“Press 1 for…”), six number simulring, and voicemail by email.
- Set Up Your New Line2 Number in Less Than 2 Minutes
- Pick a local or 800 number and start making calls right away. You can port existing numbers for free after signing up.
- Link multiple Line2 lines together in a single account to create a truly mobile office phone system, with centralized tracking and management for all employees calls.