Photogene for iPad: Tools for Improving Your Digital Photos
Posted on April 8, 2010 by eli courey
I’m hoping a Photoshop for iPad app comes out soon, but this $3.99 app, Photogene, is very useful while I wait. It’s intuitive, easy to use and offers a comprehensive set of professional editing tools.
Crop and straighten.
- Full set of color adjustments (including levels and curves). Correct underexposed photos and add a spark to washed-out ones.
- Apply one of our artistic filters such as sepia or edge blur.
- Add text bubbles of different styles, colors and fonts.
- Add frames in various shapes and colors, including shadows and glows.
- Add special effects such as reflection or vignette.
- Apply one of our supplied macros to instantly transform your photo, or create and save your own custom macros.
- Multiple undo and redo.
- Upload your edited photo directly to Facebook or Twitter, mail it, or simply save it to your iPad’s photo gallery.