Review: View Flash Content on Your iPhone with Cloud Browse
Posted on May 15, 2010 by eli courey
Cloud Browse lets you remotely control a Firefox browser with the results streamed to you on your iPhone. Video and audio Flash content play great. Cloud Browse can do this because you are actually using a full desktop browser that is running remotely and being streamed to the iPhone. The remote browser has access to higher bandwidth, more memory and a faster processor than that of any mobile device.
When you launch Cloud Browse you see a Firefox browser on your screen, with tabs. The browser is touch controlled:
- Scroll the page by flicking your finger.
- Tap with one finger to navigate links and select textboxes. (A left mouse click at the finger location)
- Hold down one finger on screen to bring up a magnifying glass displaying what’s under your finger.
However, because you are controlling a desktop version of Firefox, which uses a mouse, some gestures are a little different.
- Two finger tap performs a right mouse click at the current mouse location.
- When the magnifying glass is displayed, finger movement will move the mouse instead of scrolling the page.
- Swipe three fingers right to go forward in browsing history and left to go backward.
Cloud Browse is free and available in the App Store.