Apple’s ‘Get a Mac’ Ad Campaign Ends, Starts ‘Why You’ll Love a Mac’
Posted on May 21, 2010 by vincent oliver
Apple’s popular “Get a Mac” ad campaign, starring John Hodgman and Justin Long, is officially over. The ads ran from 2006-2009 and featured Hodgman as a PC and Long as a Mac. Each ad would humorously point out the flaws of Windows and the many benefits of getting a Mac.
Apple’s gallery of “Get a Mac” ads has been removed from the site, with the URL redirecting to the “Why You’ll Love a Mac” page.
The new page says “Why get a new PC and just upgrade your computer, when you can get a Mac and upgrade your entire computer experience?” The page highlights the following reasons on “Why You’ll Love a Mac”:
- It’s designed to be a better computer.
- It comes with software you’ll love to use.
- It comes with the world’s most advanced OS.
- It comes with award-winning support.
- It runs Office and works with your existing PC files.
- It’s compatible with your stuff.
- It doesn’t get PC viruses.
- It’s loaded with the latest technology.
- It runs Windows and Windows applications.
Check out Apple’s new “Why You’ll Love a Mac” page at www.apple.com/why-mac