Google Voice iPhone App GV Connect Now Available
Posted on September 18, 2010 by kelly maddox
After Apple removed all Google Voice apps from the App Store last summer, GV Connect is now back as a native iPhone app and available once again in the App Store.
As we mentioned earlier this week, GV Mobile, another popular Google Voice app, looks like it will also be returning to the App Store soon. GV Mobile is currently waiting for approval. There are also reports of an official Google Voice app coming to the iPhone soon.
Check out GV Connect in App Store for $2.99.
- Place calls using your Google Voice number rather than your mobile number – enter number directly, select a contact from your device’s contacts, or call back any number in your history.
- Send and receive text messages (SMS) from your Google Voice number.
- Listen to voicemails and recorded conversations right on your device (allowing you to pause, rewind, or fast forward to any point within the message) – voicemails will also show the transcription of the message when available.
- Mark messages as starred, attach notes to conversations, block/unblock senders, or delete conversations.
- Easily search in your history by contact, message, or note.
- Messages are stored on your device for offline access.
- Composing notes and text messages can be done in landscape mode.
- Quickly change various Google Voice account settings (call forwarding, do-not-disturb, message notifications, …) directly from within the application.
- Automatic checking for new messages while the application is active.
- Direct access to your device’s contacts without needing to synchronize them with Google
- All communication is done with the Google Voice website directly, no need to hand over your account information to a third-party.
- Full support for fast app switching in iOS4 and high-resolution graphics for retina displays.