How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 with redsn0w 0.9.6rc9 (Untethered)
Posted on April 4, 2011 by eli courey
An untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.1 has been released for iPhone, iPod touch and original iPad. The iPad 2 is not currently supported.
You will need:
- iTunes 10.2.1 or higher
- redsn0w for Windows or Mac
- iOS 4.3.1 IPSW file (firmware) for your specific device
Follow these steps:
- First, you will need to visit the Dev-Team blog to download redsn0w.
- Next, you will need to go grab the appropriate iOS firmware for your device.
- Once you have downloaded the correct firmware and redsn0w, you are now ready to jailbreak.
- After you launch redsn0w, you will be asked to browse and choose the custom firmware you downloaded in the previous step.
- Next you’ll choose to install Cydia and redsn0w will walk you through how to place your device in DFU mode. Just make sure you start this process with your device OFF.
- Let the device do its thing and then you are done.