iPhone 4 Steering Wheel Peripheral for Racing Games
Posted on April 15, 2011 by eli courey
This iPhone 4 gaming controller is actually more like a case. It uses the headphone jack for audio output to its speakers, but thats the only connection from the iPhone to the controller. The controller relies on the iPhone 4’s three-axis gyroscope and accelerometer. It’s very similar to the way the Nintendo Wii Wheel works, giving users more control and a steering wheel feel for racing games….well, a tiny steering wheel.
- Textured silicone coating
- Mount iPhone 4 through 3.5mm earphone jack (same way Square is mounted), but the connector is for sound only.
- The two round silver balls are not analogue sticks. They are speakers. It requires optional Nokia BL-5C battery.
- Headphone jack output near power switch
- Charges through USB (through the headphone port? WTF?)