How to Install iOS 5 Beta Without an Apple Developer Account
Posted on June 7, 2011 by eli courey
If you don’t want to wait until this fall for iOS 5 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, there is a simple workaround that will let you install and activate the developer beta without an Apple developer account. The workaround takes advantage of a Voice Over security flaw within the activation screen. Follow the instructions below that were posted on Gizmodo to see how to do it.
Download and install iOS 5
- Download the iOS 5 IPSW file from the web (it’s easy and readily available. Just Google it and torrent it down).
- Update your iPhone using iTunes. To do this, connect your iPhone to your computer, click on the Check for Update button with the Option(Mac) or Shift (PC) key pressed. Select the iOS 5 IPSW file from the place you downloaded it to.
- Wait until it upgrades. A new activation screen will appear.
Activate iOS 5
- Triple click the home button. This will activate the Voice Over.
- Triple click the home button and Emergency Call will appear.
- Click on Emergency Call and, while it’s switching, swipe with your three fingers down.
- The Notification Center will appear!
- Click on the Weather widget. The Weather app will load.
- Click on the home button to exit to the iPhone’s springboard.