Facebook iPhone App Gets Update, Still no iPad Version
Posted on September 7, 2011 by eli courey
Facebook’s iPhone app has been updated to version 3.5 and includes some big updates. You can now tag friends from within the Update Status area along with changing sharing options. The in-app browser has also been improved and now allows you to share liks on Facebook much easier.
Facebook’s app still doesn’t include an iPad version. The previous version had an iPad version hidden within it, but could only be used on jailbroken iPads and required a hack to be run.
Made it easier to share with who you want
- Added the ability to tag friends and places in posts
- Added the ability to share external links from a web view
- Added new design for Profile and Group Walls
- Improved the sharing tool to add privacy controls on posts and match your settings on the web site
Improvements and bug fixes:
- Improved Notifications speed
- Fixed a number of Chat bugs
- Made it easier to select filters in News Feed
- Fixed a bug with the Notifications bar disappearing
- Fixed a number of Photos bugs
- Improved performance and stability overall