iPhone 4S Review Round-Up
Posted on October 12, 2011 by vincent oliver
Reviews of the iPhone 4S are coming in. Here are some highlights of some we’ve come across, but you can read the full reviews for each by clicking on the title.
- “The iPhone 4S blows away the iPhone 4 when it comes to speed.”
- “The true killer feature of the device is Siri.”
- “The amount of times Siri hasn’t been able to understand and execute my request is astonishingly low. I’ll say something that I’m sure Siri won’t be able to understand, and it gets it.”
- You need to be connected to internet for Siri to work.
- “[The iPhone 4S is] easily one of the most capable handsets on the market.”
- “The 4S is more than capable of going through a full business day without needing a charge, and if you’re a lighter user, you’ll rarely have to worry about it.”
- On Siri, “The software even has a good sense of humor. Asking it “what is the meaning of life?” will bring up a number of responses, both serious and not so serious. The first time I asked, Siri simply said “42.”
- “My advice is that owners of the iPhone 4 needn’t rush to upgrade; they can get the new operating system. But owners of older iPhone models, or those with basic phones, will find this latest iPhone a pleasure and a good value.”
- In Washington suburbs, was able to get nearly 7 megabits per second.
- AT&T Model still dropped calls.
- “This phone comes dangerously close to displacing a $200 point-and-shoot digital camera.”
- “Apple says Siri will improve with time — both because she adapts to you, and because Apple itself will periodically upgrade her brain.”
- “Before, with the standard iPhone calendar, I would often forget to add an event because I was too busy to type it, and as a result I would forget I had something scheduled altogether. With Siri and Apple’s new Reminders to-do list app, it’s unlikely I’ll forget anything important again because the process is so effortless.
- “From my experience, talking on an iPhone 4S on AT&T sounds noticeably clearer than it did on past iPhones I’ve owned”
- Several amusing examples of Siri responses including ‘I’m Drunk’ (Here’s a list of cab companies)