Apple Store iPhone App Update Suports New Self-Checkout System for Retail Stores
Posted on November 8, 2011 by eli courey
Apple has updated its Apple Store app for iPhone with new support for self-checkout at the company’s retail stores. The app now allows customers visiting the any Apple retail store to scan barcodes with their iPhone’s camera of shelf-stocked accessory items and purchase them using their Apple ID/iTunes Store accounts.
What’s New in Version 2.0:
- Personal Pickup: Buy in the app and choose to pick up your order at any Apple Retail Store. Most in-stock orders are available for pickup within an hour. (U.S. only)
- EasyPay: Purchase select accessories in store quickly by scanning the barcode and completing your transaction right in the app. (U.S. only, requires iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S)
- Track your stuff: View the status of current and previous orders from the order status section in the More tab.
- Additional international support (Canada, China).
- Requires iOS 4.2 or higher