5 Must-Have iPhone Jailbreak Apps
Posted on January 28, 2012 by vincent oliver
Here are five great jailbreak apps/tweaks for iOS 5. All of these tweaks can be found in the BigBoss repository in Cydia. Let us know your favorite iPhone jailbreak tweaks and apps in the comments.
This tweak brings awesome features for Twitter, Facebook, Email, RSS and SMS into iOS 5 Notification Center. You can also quickly access settings like Bluetooth, WiFi, airplane mode and more.
- View Calendar, Email, Text Messages, News, Facebook, Twitter, Weather, and more from your iPhone “Slide To Unlock” screen
- Taskbar Icons for Missed Email, SMS, Phone calls, and Silent status
- QuickView/Preview Entire Email
- View/Mark Read/Unread/Delete your Emails from the Lock Screen
- Reply to SMS/iMessages with Message+ (free)
- Completely integrated into iOS5 Notification Center
- Integrated Twitter and Facebook pages
- Post/Comment/Tweet from anywhere
- Access QuickSettings like brightness, airplane mode, Bluetooth +
- Advanced RSS Reader uses iOS 5 Reader to show “just” news – Can “pull down” and display in any app.
With My3G, you can make FaceTime calls over 3G and much more. If you have any apps that require WiFi, My3G will let you trick them into thinking you’re on WiFi even when you are really on 3G. I have an AT&T iPhone with unlimited data and get on average around 3Mbps, that’s more than fast enough to handle FaceTime calls and other high-bandwidth apps that usually require WiFi.
- In-App popup request to enable/never ask for My3G to be enabled for that app
- In-App indicator when My3G changes the network from 3G to WiFi
- Ability to select which apps are My3G enabled and not.
- Default Apps – no configuration for the most popular apps!
- SBSettings Toggle! You can temporarily enable My3G for all apps or toggle back using your defined Apps list
MyWi is a great app that lets you tether your iPhone’s 3G connection with multiple laptops or mobile devices. Just be careful you don’t download too much, because depending on your carrier, they may try and charge you extra.
- Create iPad or iPhone WiFi Hotspot to connect mutiple laptops or mobile devices to share your iPhone/iPad’s internet connection
- 40 bit and 104 bit WEP Security to prevent others from accessing your WiFi HotSpot
- Ability to enable USB and Bluetooth Tethering on your iPhone or iPad
- Broadcasts the Network Name (SSID) – no need to fuss with creating an adhoc network on your laptop
- Shows up and down bandwith usage for iPhone WiFi Tethering or iPhone USB Tethering
- Uses less battery and much faster then other tethering apps due to native routing
If you’re tired of incoming calls interrupting what you’re doing on your iPhone, CallBar is the perfect solution. CallBar redesigns the incoming call interface and makes it like any other banner notification on the iPhone. You are given an option to swipe right to answer or swipe left to decline. While the iPhone is ringing, you can still carry on with whatever you were doing, whether it’s playing a game, watching Netflix or reading MacDaddyNews.
If you have lots of apps and have a hard time keeping track of them, FolderEnhancer is for you. It lets you add folders within folders and increases the app limit within folders, plus more.
- Open folders faster
- Create multiple pages of icons inside folders
- Create folders directly on the dock
- Options include hiding the folder name and wallpaper, as well as disabling animations