How to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch Using Absinthe 2.0 (Step-by-Step Instructions)
Posted on May 25, 2012 by eli courey
Chronic-Dev Team and iPhone Dev Teams recently released Absinthe 2.0, an untethered jailbreak for iOS devices running Apple’s latest firmware, 5.1.1. If you don’t have iOS 5.1.1 yet, you must update before running the jailbreak. The jailbreak works on just about all iOS devices, including the iPhone 4S and new iPad (iPad 3). Check out the full list of supported devices below.
- iPad1,1 – 2,1 – 2,2 – 2,3 – 3,1 – 3,2 – 3,3
- iPhone2,1 – 3,1 – 3,3 – 4,1
- iPod3,1 – 4,1
- (Support for iPad2,4 will be added at a later date)
Absinthe 2.0 is a very simple jailbreak, they say it’s so easy that your grandma could do it. Just follow the steps below, and your iOS device will be safely jailbroken.
Make sure you backup your device using iTunes or iCloud before following this tutorial.
1. Once you backup your device, go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
2. Download Absinthe 2.0
- Absinthe v2.0.4 MacOSX (10.5, 10.6, 10.7)
- Absinthe v2.0.4 Windows (XP/Vista/Win7)
- Absinthe v2.0.4 Linux (x86/x86_64)
3. Connect your device to your computer with the USB cable and open Absinthe.
4. Click “Jailbreak” and wait……be patient and do not disconnect your device.
5. Once the jailbreak is complete, you can restore from your backup on iTunes or iCloud.
That’s it, you can now enjoy using your jailbroken device. Leave us a comment if you have any questions.