How to Record Your Mac Screen for Free
Posted on February 9, 2013 by winston porter
If you ever need to record your Mac screen to share with others, QuickTime has you covered. You can record your screen, include audio if you want and easily share it on YouTube and other social networks. This feature is included in QuickTime Player 10, which is built into Macs with OS X 10.6 and later.
Follow these steps:
- Open QuickTime Player and click on the File menu.
- Select New Screen Recording.
- Click on the down arrow on the screen recording window and choose the audio source. You can choose no audio, built-in microphone or line in. You can also select the video quality from this menu.
- Click on the red record button and you will have an option to record the entire screen or just a specific area.
- Once you select the area, click to continue. Your actions on the screen are now being recorded. When you are done, click on the stop button.
- Use the Share button in the File menu to upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and others.