Chevy Spark and Sonic to Get Siri ‘Eyes Free’
Posted on February 14, 2013 by eli courey
Chevrolet will be the first company to bring Siri “Eyes Free” to consumers with the 2013 Chevy Spark and Sonic cars. This awesome feature will allow drivers to perform many tasks on their iPhone using Siri and the car’s built-in entertainment system.
Chevrolet hasn’t announced an exact date when the Sonic and Spark will get “Eyes Free” support, but the company says existing 2013 owners will be able to upgrade their MyLink radios with Siri capability sometime in March.
In the 2013 Spark and Sonic vehicles equipped with MyLink, owners can use Siri in Eyes Free mode to:
– Make voice-activated, hands-free calls to Contacts on their iPhone
– Play songs in their iTunes libraries, and even switch music sources automatically from AM/FM/XM radio to iPod mode
– Listen to, and compose and send an iMessage or text message to a phone number or anyone in saved Contacts
– Access Calendar and add appointments
– Minimize distraction even more by keeping the screen of the iPhone from lighting up even when Siri answers simple questions such as game scores or the dates of national holidays