Apple Unveils iOS 7 with Design Overhaul, Improved Multitasking and Control Center
Posted on June 10, 2013 by eli courey
Apple unveiled iOS 7, the latest version of their mobile operating system, at WWDC 2013. iOS 7 features the first redesign of the OS, removing the glossy look that made it so beautiful and unique. Instead, Apple has gone with a much more flat look seen in the pictures below.
Apple has also added some nice new features to iOS 7, including Control Center, improved multitasking, AirDrop, real-time photo effects, redesigned Safari and more.
Additional new iOS 7 features include:
- a new Find My iPhone Activation Lock feature that requires your Apple ID and password before you can turn off Find My iPhone, erase data or re-activate a device after it’s been remotely erased;
- Night Mode in Maps that responds to ambient light when you use it in the dark;
- FaceTime® audio for high quality calls over a data network;
- Notification sync, so when you dismiss a notification on one device it is dismissed on all of your devices;
- Phone, FaceTime and Messages blocking to prevent specific people from being able to contact you;
- Tencent Weibo support for users in China, a Chinese-English bilingual dictionary, and improved Chinese input including handwriting recognition for multiple Chinese characters;
- the ability for businesses to more efficiently deploy and manage iPhones and iPads; and
- enhanced in-car integration, bringing an Apple designed experience into the car for the first time.